The Allergy Fighting Garden Reviewed by Kenneth Wilson “The Gardening Whisperer”.
This review is prepared to be on www.Gadeneningwhisperer.com . This book was written by Thomas Leo Ogren, 2015 and edited by Lisa Regul of Ten Speed Press.
Thomas has a Masters Degree in Agricultural Science with an emphasis on plant flowering systems and their relationships to allergy. He is the creator of (OPALS) or Ogren Plant Allergy Scale. He has been a teacher, business owner, landscaper, has been on TV. He has written many books and articles about plants and allergies. His whole career has been given to helping those with allergies. Continue reading
From Vines to Wines
The complete guide to Growing Grapes and making your own wine
From Vines to Wines by Jeff Cox Reviewed by Kenneth Wilson “The Gardening Whisperer”.
This review is prepared to be on www.Gadeneningwhisperer.com . This book was edited by Julia Rubel and Nancy Ringer. This first book was written in 1989 then rewritten in 1999. Printed by Storey Books. It is copy written by Jeff Cox in1999.
- Jeff Cox is the author of 17 books on food, wine, and gardening.
- He’s hosted two television series–Your Organic Garden on PBS and Grow It! on HGTV.
- He’s been the restaurant reviewer for the Santa Rosa (CA) Press Democrat since 1993.
- He was the managing editor of Organic Gardening magazine through the decade of the 1970s.
- He’s written a column for the San Francisco Chronicle, and is contributing editor of Horticulture Magazine and The Wine News.
- He writes frequently for Decanter, an English wine magazine.
- He’s a member of the James Beard Foundation and the Association of Food Journalists.
- He’s won many awards for his many endeavors.
- Jeff has a degree in journalism from Lehigh University, has raised five kids, and lives with his wife Susanna in Kenwood, California. “
Written about Jeff Cox on his website Jeff Cox Publishing
This book is now in its 5th Edition Starts with the basics and works forward. Continue reading
100 Easy To Grow Native Plants
For American Gardens In Temperate Zones
100 Easy To Grow Native Plants, For American Gardens in Temperate Zones. This book is reviewed by Kenneth Wilson “The Gardening Whisperer”.
This review is prepared to be on www.Gadeneningwhisperer.com Lorraine is a writer and gardener, she has written over 23 books mostly on gardening in the urban settings and other topics. On her posts in ‘The City Farmer”; http://www.cityfarmer.info/2010/05/01/lorraine-johnsons-city-farmer-adventures-in-urban-food-growing-coming-on-may-22-2010/ , she writes on gardening and topics that are important for a city garden. The book is published by; ‘A Firefly Books copyright© 2009.’ Continue reading
Brining Nature Home
…How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our Gardens
Douglas W. Tallamy
Brining Nature Home …How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our Gardens, Douglas W. Tallamy, Timber Press, Portland, Or; Copyright 2077; 272 pages. Reviewed by Kenneth Wilson “The Gardening Whisperer”.
This review is prepared to be on www.Gadeneningwhisperer.com
Coffee for Roses
…and 70 other Misleading Myths About Backyard Gardening
Coffee for Roses, …and 70 other Misleading Myths About Backyard Gardening, by C. L. Fornari, St. Lyons press, Pittsburg 2014: 146 pages. Reviewed by Kenneth Wilson “The Gardening Whisperer”.
This review is prepared to be on www.Gadeneningwhisperer.com C.L. Fornari is a writer, speaker, radio show host, and an avid plant person and blogger. She has written and talked about myths within the gardening and horticulture lore. Many of these myths have been passed along for a number of years. As see on pg. 88 “News Paper in 1913, Reports that Department of Agriculture’s bureau of soils was evaluating the loggerhead sponge for use as fertilizer”. Continue reading